Wednesday, January 04, 2006

This is why I love the Internet

... and especially the weblogging community. Thanks to Kelly of Big A, little a, I discovered MetaxuCafe, aptly described as a "litblog network". It boasts a great many literature centered weblogs, and growing. Content is broken down by categories, and topics include "fiction", "writing," plus every imaginable genre in literature (Kidlit has its own category.) What a find. Thanks, Kelly! Thanks, MetaxuCafe!

Through MetaxuCafe I found a Here in the Bonny Glen, the weblog of author Melissa Wiley, who finds time for her writing career in addition to parenting and educating her four children--no small feat! Her storytelling ability shines in Bonny Glen, especially where she relates her adventures in family life; the series she has written about Charlotte Tucker and Martha Morse (grandmother and great-grandmother of Laura Ingalls Wilder) promise to be a treat. Having grown up on the original Little House series, I look forward to raiding the library for these, just as soon as I can see over my current reading stack.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Jamie:
Melissa has a great blog, doesn't she? I was suprised I'd never run into it before Metaxucafe.

Jamie said...

Same here. Ah well, better late than never, right? :) There are a couple of others I hadn't heard of until I saw them linked from Metaxucafe, but I haven't had a chance to give them a thorough look yet.